In order to be a Candlelighters member, you must be referred through the treatment hospital – usually by an Interlink Nurse or Social Worker. Membership is open to any family of a child – newborn to 18 years of age at the time of diagnosis – being treated here in the National Capital Region.
In order to qualify for any of Candlelighters’ programs and services, a patient or survivor has to have had their treatment here in Eastern Ontario and their family has to be a current Candlelighters member. If a patient or survivor’s family was previously a Candlelighters member and their membership has lapsed, they must restore their membership by completing a membership application prior to accessing any program or service. If a family moves out of the catchment area (national capital and surrounding regions) they are no longer eligible to receive any of Candlelighters’ programs and services.
Only member families are eligible for Candlelighters programs and services. Membership renewal is required on a year to year basis.
Candlelighters – Membership Form
Complete the Membership Form 2021 below and return to Candlelighters to maintain your membership. Please email your completed form to email@example.com
Candlelighters provides two bursaries every year to eligible members to pursue a post-secondary education.
- You must have been treated for some form of childhood cancer, or still be on treatment.
- Your family is a current member family of Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Support Programs Inc.
- You are a Canadian Citizen or a landed immigrant.
- You are between the ages of 17 and 23.
- You are only eligible to be awarded this bursary once in the course of your post secondary studies. You are, however, eligible to apply more than once.
- If a childhood cancer patient or survivor applies for Candlelighters’ Bursary and will not be attending a post secondary institution in our catchment area, they will remain eligible if they/their family remain living in the catchment area. i.e. patient/survivor lives in Ottawa when application received but intends to pursue post secondary in another city/province/country.”
Candlelighters Bursary Deadline is March 31st. All hard copies of the application need to be in our office by 3pm Wednesday, March 31st & all electronic applications need to be received by midnight Wednesday, March 31st to be eligible for the bursary. No late entries or incomplete entries will be considered.
If you meet the required bursary eligibility, please contact the program coordinator Program Coordinator to get the application process started.
Financial Assistance Application Form