In order to be a Candlelighters member, you must be referred through the treatment hospital – usually by an Interlink Nurse of Social Worker. Membership is open to any family of a child – newborn to 18 years of age at the time of diagnosis – being treated here in the National Capital Region.
Only member families are eligible for Candlelighters programs and services. Membership renewal is required on a year to year basis.
Candlelighters – Membership Form
Click on the 2019 Membership Form below to maintain your membership
Candlelighters provides two bursaries every year to eligible members to pursue a post-secondary education.
- You must have been treated for some form of childhood cancer, or still be on treatment.
- Your family is a current member family of Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Support Programs Inc.
- You are a Canadian Citizen or a landed immigrant.
- You are between the ages of 17 and 23.
- You are only eligible to be awarded this bursary once in the course of your post secondary studies. You are, however, eligible to apply more than once.
Candlelighters Bursary Deadline is March 31st. All hard copies of the application need to be in our office by 3pm Friday March 29th & all electronic applications need to be received by midnight Sunday March 31st to be eligible for the bursary. No late entries will be considered.
If you meet the required bursary eligibility, please contact the program coordinator Program Coordinator to get the application process started.
Financial Assistance Application Form
YSI – Youth Survivor Initiative
YSI is a program for Candlelighters members aged 13-18 who have been off treatment for a minimum of 1 year. The group provides teenage survivors with an opportunity to connect in a social setting. The YSI Program runs September to June with a variety of events planned throughout the year. Participants in the program help decide what activities are planned and every effort is made to include everyone.