In order to be a Candlelighters member, you must be referred through the treatment hospital – usually by an Interlink Nurse or Social Worker. Membership is open to any family of a child – newborn to 18 years of age at the time of diagnosis – being treated here in the National Capital Region.
Only member families are eligible for Candlelighters programs and services. Membership renewal is required on a year to year basis.
Candlelighters – Membership Form
Complete the Membership Form 2021 below and return to Candlelighters to maintain your membership
Candlelighters provides two bursaries every year to eligible members to pursue a post-secondary education.
- You must have been treated for some form of childhood cancer, or still be on treatment.
- Your family is a current member family of Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Support Programs Inc.
- You are a Canadian Citizen or a landed immigrant.
- You are between the ages of 17 and 23.
- You are only eligible to be awarded this bursary once in the course of your post secondary studies. You are, however, eligible to apply more than once.
Candlelighters Bursary Deadline is March 31st. All hard copies of the application need to be in our office by 3pm Wednesday, March 31st & all electronic applications need to be received by midnight Wednesday, March 31st to be eligible for the bursary. No late entries or incomplete entries will be considered.
If you meet the required bursary eligibility, please contact the program coordinator Program Coordinator to get the application process started.
Financial Assistance Application Form