Candlelighters provides financial assistance in time of need.
Having a critically ill child can be a tremendous financial burden. Candlelighters covers all parking costs during treatment stays. For cancer patients and survivors, Candlelighters offers a post-secondary education bursary.
When your child is literally fighting for their life, often the financial and socio-economic impact on your family can be devastating.
Candlelighters helps with:
- Candlelighters provides two bursaries every year of $1,000 to eligible members to pursue a post-secondary education.
- New process for applications in 2019
- Candlelighters provides $200 in gas cards to help out with frequent hospital trips and travel when your child is newly diagnosed with cancer.
- Candlelighters provides financial assistance when other funds are not available in a crisis situation.
Journey Forward Packages:
- Candlelighters provides a minimum of $200 in various gift cards three months, six months and one year post diagnosis to help families through difficult times.
- Candlelighters covers 100% of out of pocket parking costs associated with accessing childhood cancer care – chemotherapy, radiation, tests, physiotherapy, clinic appointments, etc. in Ottawa or when travelling out of the region.
- This fund was established to provide an extra layer of support for families along the childhood cancer journey who find themselves in particularly overwhelming situations and require additional support on an on-going basis.
Tori’s Helping Hand:
- Tori’s Helping Hand is a Candlelighters program that provides funding for families coping with palliative care for their child. Funds are available for travel to other treatment centres. The fund is also applicable for families dealing with bereavement.
Your Donation allows Candlelighters to support patients and their families.